BUY A SLICE OF SLEEPING BEAR!
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
You may have heard of services that allow people to buy a star in the sky or a pixel. Now you have a similar opportunity to show your support for our National Parks. It’s called “My Inch of Earth”.
Through www.myinchofearth.com, Park supporters and fans can claim their very own virtual inch or inches of your favorite spot in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, plus share pictures and stories describing why this Park is so special to you. You can share your story with friends through Facebook, Twitters, email and more and invite others to claim their own virtual inch. Each virtual inch you choose in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is exclusive just to you.
Most importantly, a portion of the proceeds for each virtual inch claimed, helps to support Preserve Historic Sleeping Bear in our work to help protect and preserve its resources.
How it Works
Sign-up at www.MyInchOfTheEarth.com and follow the 3 step directions:
1. Find the place you wish to claim on the map and click “Claim it” which displays your exclusive and personal Latitude and Longitude coordinates (What’s Your Lat/Long?).
2. Choose one of your pictures to upload and write a quick comment or story indicating why you like this place. You can also create a memorial for a loved one or give it as a gift.
3. Each inch selected costs $1 a month ($12 annually) and 60% automatically helps to support the National Park Foundation, the national charitable partner of the National Park Service, and 40% of the dollar goes to Preserve Historic Sleeping Bear. It’s fun for you and good for everyone!
Each inch claimed is authenticated with a personalized “GoodDEED” certificate that stylishly notes your name, your personal latitude/longitude coordinates and recognizes your contribution.
So claim your place and share it with your friends and family. Invite them to claim the inch next to you or in their favorite spot in the Park.
1) Do I own the piece of land under the inch I choose?
No. You are claiming the right to the associated Latitude and Longitude coordinates virtually.
2) Can anyone else claim the same inch that I do?
3) Can I upload a pictures and add a story later?
Yes, under My Profile – Manage My Inches.
4) For how long do I own this inch?
It is automatically renewed annually unless you cancel. You will receive an email reminder prior to the renewal.